Ventura Defense and Hexagon’s Geospatial division have announced their partnership and the launch of Ventura Defense’s new 1Command suite IDEX. 1Command is a suite of tactical-level Command and Control (C2) systems designed for the connected battlefield environment. This includes:
- 1C-FCS, an open battle management system for managing military units at tactical levels
- 1C-ACS, a system for managing indirect firing artillery units
- 1C-FOS, a forward observer system for target and impact point acquisition
- 1C-MAS, a mortar aiming system for mortars and other indirect firing weapons
- 1C-ALAKRAN, a system for managing combat operations for Ventura´s Alakran mortar carrier
The qualification and integration of Hexagon’s Luciad software into Ventura Defense’s 1Command suite was successfully achieved in 2020, making Hexagon the preferred supplier of geospatial software for all projects involving Ventura Defense systems. The Luciad portfolio provides Ventura Defense with a platform for building situational awareness and real-time location intelligence solutions, allowing Ventura Defense customers to visualise operations in 2D and 3D with rich and flexible styling options.
The 1Command suite builds on Ventura Defense’s established capabilities and expertise in the defense area, specifically in mortar carriers and fire control systems.