Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII) has announced that Kimberly Aguillard has joined its corporate communications team as a manager of media relations. She will serve as HII’s spokesperson for Ingalls Shipbuilding, a division of America’s largest shipbuilder, and report to HII’s corporate director of public affairs.
As spokesperson for Ingalls Shipbuilding, Aguillard will:
- focus on facilitating themes and messages to support the division’s programmes, people and capabilities
- community relations engagements
- respond to media queries from local and trade media
Prior to joining HII, Aguillard served as manager of marketing and media relations for the Mississippi State Port Authority at Gulfport since 2014. She also served in nonprofit marketing and social media management positions in the Gulf Coast region. Aguillard holds a bachelor’s degree in mass communication from Loyola University New Orleans. In 2017, she received an accreditation in public relations from the Universal Accreditation Board.
Aguillard was the recipient of the “Young Careerist of the Year” award in 2021, presented by Lighthouse Business and Professional Women and has received multiple state, regional and national awards for public relations planning from:
- the Southern Public Relations Federation
- Public Relations Association of Mississippi
- the American Association of Port Authorities
She is currently serving on the board of Mississippi Enterprise for Technology.