MBDA increased its turnover by €600Ms to €4.2Bn last year, CEO Éric Béranger, announced at a press conference. He attributed the increase in equal parts to growth in domestic and export markets. Order intake in 2021 had also reached a record level of €5.1Bn, he said. The order book had risen to €17.8Bn.
MBDA lists the most significant 2021 contracts in its home markets as:
- the development of the SAMP/T NG system for France and Italy
- the mid-life update of the ASTER missile for the UK and Italy
- the evaluation phase of FC/ASW for France and the UK
- production of MICA NG in France and MISTRAL 3 for Spain
- equipment for Greece’s new RAFALE fighter aircraft
- equipment for various naval forces, including Canada, Egypt, Brazil and Indonesia, as major export orders in 2021.
The overall positive development led to the creation of 1,100 new jobs at MBDA last year. A further 1,500 employees are to be recruited in 2022.